Return to School 2021
MTSD continues to closely monitor all official communications from the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and will communicate any new information once it is received. We appreciate your continued cooperation in working with us to keep our students and staff healthy and virus-free during these challenging times. Please continue to communicate any issues or needs with your building principal, school nurse, and/or school counselor.
The health and safety of our students and staff, along with providing a high quality education for our students continues to our top priorities. All NJ schools continue to follow the direction of the NJDOH. This includes the wearing of facial covering/masks and practice of social distancing at all times. Listed below are what families, students and staff can continue to do to help reduce the spread of viruses in our school and community:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, not your hands, discard the tissue and wash or sanitize hands.
- Stay home if you are sick. Children who are sick should be kept home until they are fever free for 24 hours (with no medication) prior to returning to school.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Consider vaccination if you are eligible.
Please see the following for the latest update from the NJDOH. link:https://www.nj.gov/education/roadforward/docs/HealthAndSafetyGuidanceSY2122.pdf
For additional health and safety guidance, click on one of the links below:
Please click here if you would like to email a question. Thank you very much!