Early Childhood Programs at MTSD
Mendham Township Public Schools provides a comprehensive early childhood education program, in partnership with families, to help children prepare for a successful school career. Early childhood education improves the emotional, social and physical development of young children. Our high quality, developmentally appropriate programs positively affect children’s cognitive abilities and social development.
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program for three and four-year-old children is a traditional, tuition-based full-day preschool program, designed to prepare students for success in their school career. Children will also learn and grow in the areas of self-esteem and respect for others.
Mendham Township preschool programs provide a safe, happy learning environment, staffed by qualified professionals. Teaching staff strive to meet individual learning needs and styles with an integrated curriculum. Children have many opportunities to learn new skills, explore new information, and build a positive self-image. Pre-K learners participate in imaginative play, improve motor skills, develop relationships, and prepare for kindergarten and beyond.
Our Pre-Kindergarten curriculum is focused on the constructivist approach, which provides diverse learning environments where activities are driven by the students, and teachers encourage and support children to play and explore as a path to learning.
Our pre-K curriculum focuses on all areas that are important for school success:
- Social Studies
- Science and Technology
- The Arts
Early Childhood Program Enrollment
To enroll in an Mendham Township Pre-K program, please visit our Elementary School Office, 18 West Main Street, Brookside, NJ, 07926.
Parents/guardians should be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records (Record from Doctor).
- Proof of residency – current utility bill
- Notarized homeowner/renter certificate of residency
- Registration/Transportation Form By N.J. Law, we will admit no child on the first day of school without all immunization requirements. In order for children to enter school in September 2017, they must have had the following immunizations (Chapter 14, NJ Sanitary Code)
- Pre-K children 6 months through 59 months are required to receive about one dose of influenza vaccine between September 1st and December 31st of each year.
- Diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus immunization: a minimum of four doses, one dose must be after the fourth birthday (DPT).
- Poliovirus vaccine: a minimum of three dose of live, trivalent, or oral Poliovirus vaccine, one dose must be after the fourth birthday,
- Rubella (regular measles): First vaccine must be given after the first birthday, or have a medical documentation of the history of the disease. Proof of a second measles vaccine is required (this is most often given as an MMR) no less than 30 days after the first dose.
- Rubella (German measles) vaccine, one required (usually an MMR).
- Mumps: one required (usually an MMR). Hepatitis B vaccine. Series of three required.